Protecting Clients Since 1976
Eugene M. (“Gene”) Twardowski has been an Attorney for more than forty years, with a diversified practice and expertise in many disciplines. He brings to his clients demonstrated experience in many areas of both law and management.
About Gene Twardowski
Eugene M. (“Gene”) Twardowski is a native of the coal mining region of Northeastern Pennsylvania, born in Nanticoke on October 16, 1951. Gene acquired his work ethic growing up in the coal region, by his parent’s example and working while attending school. His first permanent job came at the age of 16. Gene attended Saint Nicholas High School and graduated cum laude from King’s College, both in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania.
While at King’s, Gene was a member of the Debating Team, which held a national reputation. While participating in national debating tournaments on major college and university campuses, Gene developed his excellent communication skills. In his freshman year, Gene received King’s Alumni Award for excellence in debating and upon graduation, he received the Huber Foster Memorial Award for excellence in debating.Following graduation from King’s, Gene attended Temple University School of Law where he graduated in 1976.
Gene’s legal career, which extends beyond 40 years, began with Fidelity Mutual Life Insurance Company, where he earned the title of Assistant Vice President and Associate General Counsel. He has served in both law firms and corporations. Gene’s titles include General Counsel of Covenant Life Insurance Company. At the firm of Conrad O’Brien, Gene held the title “Of Counsel” and served as Acting General Counsel under Archbishop Chaput during a period of transition in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
His demonstrated experiences allow him to bridge the gap between the requirements of the law and the business, management and personal needs of his clients. Examples include the following:
- Served as Acting General Counsel for Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
- Responsible for legal matters relating to a national $100 million syndication program, including public and private offerings.
- Handled all legal matters relating to management of $80 million asset portfolio in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Negotiated, documented and closed “in-house” sale of two Pennsylvania life insurance companies, as well as, merger and acquisition of single and multi-asset companies.
- Responsible for all legal matters in connection with tax-free exchange of corporate office buildings and corporate relocation.
- Closed “in-house” acquisition of corporate home office building.
- Participated in all areas of negotiation, document preparation, and closing of sale of $56 million real estate partnership interest in Houston, Texas and sale of $100 million office building in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Closed numerous credit facilities, exceeding an aggregate of $150 million.
- Supervised operations of Human Resources and Corporate Compliance Departments.
- Served as Solicitor for numerous Municipalities and Zoning Hearing Boards.
- Extensive experience drafting wills and settling estates, including estates exceeding $1 million in value.
Life in the Community
In addition to his work, Gene has been very active in community service. He served on the Great Valley School District Board of Directors for 10 years, including 3 years as Board President. He has been a Minister of the Eucharist, Lector and President of the Men’s Club at Saint Patrick Parish in Malvern. Gene was also Vice Chair of East Whiteland Township Republican Committee and a member of the Republican Committee of Chester County. He serves as Vice Chairman and Secretary of Race 4 The House, a Section 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to raising funds and contributing to Ronald’s House in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.